When there are so many digital channels available to your business, it can be easy to overlook your website. But this is still your shop front online, and the place you can bring all the elements of your brand together to generate leads and win new business. Here are 5 things you can do today to optimise your homepage:
- Get a friend to take a look. Not necessarily one who would be a potential customer either. Sometimes it’s better to get feedback from someone who’s not bogged down by the detail of your industry – they’ll be able to give you their frank opinion about what your website actually makes them think. Then you can choose to act on the feedback that you think will be most useful for your audience.
- Add more photography. Now that you’re going to be able to take even better photos using our tips above, why not showcase this on your homepage? Audiences online are consuming information faster than ever, and the right picture really is worth a thousand words.
- Check your call to action. A clear CTA is vital to successfully sell your product or service. Think carefully about what action you want a visitor to your website to take. Do you want them to sign up to a newsletter? Or maybe you want them to check out your previous work. Take a look at your homepage and check that it’s obvious what a visitor needs to do next.
- Break up paragraphs of text using bold and bullet points. Sometimes it can take more than a few words to communicate your message to your audience and this can really help them digest the information. Use bold and bullet points to highlight key messages that visitors to your homepage need to know.
- Add your social media links. Audiences are now using more channels than ever to check out your brand – not just your website. Younger audiences in particular are likely to want to see your Instagram, Facebook and YouTube channel to get more of a sense of your company ethos before making a purchase. Adding social buttons is a great way to direct them to your other channels to help them make their decision to buy from you quickly (and to grow your social accounts!).