We’ve now established that business owners often have a negative marketing mindset, which significantly impacts their ability to consistently show up to market their businesses.
And obviously, this has a direct impact on the bottom line! Because if you’re not out there and visible to your target audience, selling anything becomes extremely difficult.
But even if you recognise you have some of the common marketing mindset blockers and you have an idea of how to overcome them, I get that it might still seem a bit wishy-washy.
I find that to become more strategic in your marketing approach, you not only need to understand why you’re struggling to do marketing, but you also need to have some practical things that you can implement immediately to start making those vital shifts.
So here are 5 things you can do this week (yes, right now!) to improve your marketing mindset and set yourself up for success when it comes to marketing your business.
- Create a realistic goal that you want to achieve through marketing
- Identify one area of marketing that you can outsource, either now or in the next few months
- Only allow yourself a certain amount of time to spend on a marketing task this week (and stick to it! The rule is to share/schedule the content before the time runs out)
- Schedule marketing into your diary
- Write down what the point of marketing is AND what the point of sales is in your business.
I’d recommend committing to doing at least one of these things this week to start making shifts towards a more positive outlook about your marketing.
If you feel very negatively about your marketing at the moment, and you hate it/can’t stand it/groan out loud when you think about it, it’s worth spending some time reflecting on why you feel this way and coming up with solutions to overcome it.
Because it’s going to be a long and bumpy road to growing your business if you don’t deal with this now!
If you enjoyed this post and want more juicy marketing tips, here are some more resources for you: