At Freshbat, we post one blog every week, as we like to make sure we consistently post helpful information to help you with your marketing. Our blog’s topics range from marketing strategies and marketing funnels, to why you should listen to your customers and the best free digital tools. So, we thought we would have a recap! This blog explores marketing tips from our most popular blogs, so you don’t have to spend time trying to find them.
Proactive marketing strategy
In this blog, we explored the difference between reactive marketing and proactive marketing. We also discussed how you can move towards a proactive approach.
Key marketing tips to move towards proactive marketing include:
- Spend some time understanding your competitors to understand what they’re doing and who they’re targeting. You’ll then know whether it’s going to work for you.
- Map out the marketing channels you currently use to get a good picture of where you’re promoting your product/service. This will put you in a better position to create an effective marketing plan.
- Agree your key marketing message. Double-check that you know what you’re actually sharing and that it’s consistent across your channels.
- Commit to your marketing plan. We know it can be hard to follow a marketing plan. But stick with it as you have chosen specific marketing activities for a reason, so give them a chance to work for you!
Find more marketing tips about proactive marketing here.
What is a marketing funnel?
We always hear “what exactly is a marketing funnel?” And “how will it help my business grow?”. So, this blog explores the meaning of a marketing funnel, and the key stages and marketing activities involved.
Key marketing tips about marketing funnels include:
- The 5 key stages of the traditional marketing funnel are awareness, research, consideration, purchase and retention.
- The awareness stage involves the customer first becoming aware of your product/service. The marketing activities at this stage usually include word of mouth, organic social media posts, social media adverts and blog posts.
- The research stage is when your potential customer wants to know more things about your business and there is still a possibility that they can lose interest at this point. We recommend adding them to an email sequence at this point to nurture them through the next stages.
- The consideration stage involves the potential customer making their final decision about whether or not they want to make the purchase. You should continue to send emails and connect with them, but in moderation so you don’t scare them out of the funnel!
- The purchase stage is when your customer commits to making the purchase. This is a great time to collect feedback from customers.
- At the retention stage, your customers already know you and (hopefully) have had a positive experience. At this point, regular emails and financial incentives are good retention-based activities.
To find out more marketing tips about the marketing funnel, click here
Best free digital tools 2022
Marketing can seem overwhelming when you have so many things on your to-do list. That’s why this blog explores some amazing free digital marketing tools to help you take your digital marketing to the next level.
Best free digital marketing tools:
- Social media scheduling tools such as Hootsuite, Loomly and Tweetdeck can make it much easier to share content across multiple channels.
- Design software such as Canva can make your graphics look professional without having to outsource all of your design work to a designer.
- Email marketing software such as Mailchimp and Hubspot can help to ensure your email marketing is reaching your leads, as well as looking professional and consistent.
- Project management tools such as Trello and DIY project plan help to keep your marketing organised and consistent through useful tools such as CRM systems.
- Website analytic tools such as Google analytics and Google search console are great for telling you whether or not your marketing is working and, most importantly, what marketing is working to attract visitors to your website.
To find out more marketing tips about free digital marketing tools, click here.
If you enjoyed this post and want more juicy marketing tips, here are some more resources for you:
Or if you’re ready to take a fresh approach to finding and retaining clients in your business, book a discovery call to find out more.